Welcome

The Ardrossan Golf Club is an 18 hole sand scrape course with watered fairways and tee boxes. The course is fairly short from all tees and is gently undulating, which makes it ideal for players of all ages.

Visitors are always welcome to play. An honesty box is available to pay green fees when the clubhouse is not manned. Competitions are usually held on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. More information on visiting the Ardrossan Golf Club can be found here.

The club has a range of membership options available, more information can be found here.

Brief History

Prior to 1924, the first known golfing enthusiasts played near Dinham’s Hill where there were a few makeshift holes. Keen golfers could be
seen practising their swing, beginning somewhere near the boundary of the cemetary and hitting along a course towards what is now the Roadhouse.

In 1924 the District Council of Yorke Peninsula granted permission for The Ardrossan Golf Club to use the Parklands for sporting purposes.
The Parkland area in to be used was the fenced-off cliff top in front of the main part of town. It was a very basic course and there was no
clubhouse so the players met after the game in a small tin shed where the present Club House is. It was originally 6 holes but was later extended to 9… Read More